Last Updated on June 2017
By using www.outdoorvoyage.com (the Site) you agree to the terms of this Policy. Additionally, you must ensure that individuals you represent agree to this Policy and consent to your acting on their behalf.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions about your privacy.
What Kinds of Information We Collect
You are not required to provide personal information, but, if you chose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to your queries.
Outdoor Voyage may also collect Other Information. Other Information generally means information that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose Other Information for any purpose. In the event that we combine Other Information with Personal Information the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
Examples of Other Information may include a user’s data referral websites, visits, length of sessions, domains, browser software, IP addresses, content viewed, and more.
How We Collect Information
We may collect your Personal Information
- when you create an account, make an inquiry, make a booking, make a purchase, enter a promotion, complete a survey, join our mailing list, contact us, or when you otherwise voluntarily provide us with your Personal Information.
- when it is provided to us from third parties. For example, we may receive Personal Information from a person making a booking on your behalf, enrolling you in one of our services, third parties performing services on our behalf, your insurer, from our related entities, or persons who disclose Personal Information to us on your behalf in times of urgency or emergency. We may also receive information about you from companies contracted by us to obtain information for marketing or research purposes.
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained all required consents and are fully authorized to disclose all information you provide to us including without limitation Personal Information of your friends and family members provided in connection with making travel bookings on the Site.
We may collection Other Information
How We Use Collected Information
Outdoor Voyage uses your information to provide you with services, information, or products that you have requested. This includes using Personal Information and Other Information to:
- make bookings
- answer requests for further information
- register you to receive promotional emails
- provide ongoing service and customer care
- send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies
- contact you in the event of an emergency
- ensure the safety and security of our customers and services
- provide relevant information, which may include Personal Information, to third party service providers, insurers and their agents, and medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of others or in an emergency
- receive and implement feedback on our services
- understand your interest and eligibility for our products and services
- aggregate information collected from you at different times for the purpose of research and analysis to provide a better customer experience, including customising online content for you
- carry out the administration and operation of our business
- restructure, reorganize, or sell our business or our group companies
- identify and prevent fraud or error
- comply with governmental and travel authorities
- comply with laws, regulations, immigrations requirements, anti-terrorism requirements, and the like.
- address dispute resolution and litigation
Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data. These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist in providing this information where appropriate.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your Personal Information and Other Information to the following persons and entities:
- Companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with Outdoor Voyage). For instance, we may share your information with our parent company, Outdoor Group, and its related entities: Outdoor Journal Sàrl, Outdoor Journal LLC, and Deiwos Creative Movement Ltd.
- Our employees, contractors, and professional advisors. We may disclose your information to our employees, contractors, or professional advisors located in the United States or overseas for the purposes of the operation of the Site or our business, fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you.
- Third party service providers. We may share your information with third parties that assist us and perform functions on our behalf. These entities may include technical support, website hosting, service/order fulfillment, customer service and credit card processing, among others. In some cases third-party service providers, such as information technology and data processing vendors, data storage services, etc., may be located outside the United States and your personal information may be processed or stored in other countries. We may also use third parties to assist us in determining and placing relevant advertising. Where you provide us Personal Information for the purposes of booking travel related services on your behalf or on behalf of another person, we must provide such Personal Information to the travel providers you have selected for the purposes of completing the booking.
- Non-affiliated third parties. We may also share your information with third parties as necessary to complete your transaction or fulfill your requests. With your consent, we may also share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes including but not limited to the third party’s own marketing or promotional purposes or other companies’ marketing purposes in order for them to present you with offers on services or products that may be of interest to you.
- Marketing partners. If we jointly offer a product or service with a different entity, we will share your information with that entity to assist in marketing and providing that product or service.
- Law enforcement/Legal processes/other uses. We may also disclose your information: if required to do so by law, court order, subpoena or other legal process; as requested by a governmental or law enforcement authority; to protect the rights or property of Outdoor Voyage, its customers, its Sites or Site users; or when we believe in good faith that it is in the interests of security or that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. In certain circumstances, our third party service providers may be required to disclose information to government or law enforcement authorities. In order to comply with applicable laws we may disclose information about you and your travel arrangements to such governmental authorities. In order for you to travel abroad, we may disclose your personal information where disclosure is required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination to process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes.
- Business transactions. If Outdoor Voyage is acquired by or merges with another entity, if any of our assets are transferred to another entity, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer Personal Information and Other Information that we collected from and about you to the other entity.
- Medical providers and emergency responders. We may provide your information to medical providers and emergency responders in the event of an emergency or other urgent situation.
- Research and analytics. We may use and disclose your information to people or entities for research and analytics purposes.
- Aggregate information. Aggregate information, such as demographic information, domain names, other site traffic information, etc., may at times be shared with our partners or other third parties.
Disclosure of Information to Travel Providers
We may use your personal information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email, phone, your postal address, or electronic methods. If you do not wish to receive these notices via email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the email. You may also opt out of promotional communications by contacting us at the contact details below.
We may participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
Cookies & Other Technologies
“Cookies” are small bits of information that a website places on your computer or mobile device. Cookies allow a website to remember information about your visit. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as Other Information. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered Personal Information by local law, we also treat these identifiers as Personal Information.
If you do not want us to place a cookie on your computer or mobile device, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Site may not function properly and we may not be able to deliver certain services to you.
Links on the Site may direct you to websites not owned or controlled by Outdoor Voyage. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Outdoor Voyage use reasonable measures to help prevent the disclosure of your information to individuals who are not described in this policy.
Although we may have access to your payment information, Outdoor Voyage does not currently collect or store your credit card, debit card, or bank account numbers. All payment transactions are currently processed by Braintree, our third party payment vendor. Braintree is a validated Level 1 PCI DSS compliant service provider. Read more about Braintree’s security features at https://www.braintreepayments.com/ .
While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances. We cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access and Outdoor Voyage makes no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to your information.
Age of Users
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or country of residence, or you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Our services are not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly use information we collect about children known to be under the age of 13 for any marketing or promotional purposes. We will give out personal information about children if required by law, for example to comply with a court order or subpoena, or to protect the safety and security of visitors and our sites.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Your web browser or device may let you broadcast a preference that you do not want to allow the collection of information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services. At this time, we do not respond to the preferences you may have set in your web browser or device regarding “tracking”, and the Site may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Policy.
Accessing & Changing Personal Information
Outdoor Voyage takes reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information. You can update some types of Personal Information within your account. You may also contact us directly to request changes to your Personal Information. Our contact information is located at the bottom of this Policy under Contact. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your Personal Information, the Site and its services may not function properly.
You can withdraw your consent to receive marketing communications at any time. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from Outdoor Voyage, please click on the “unsubscribe” link in any Outdoor Voyage marketing email or send us a request by clicking here.
Location of your Information, Data Transfer, & Notice to Non-U.S. Persons
If you have any specific questions about where or to whom your personal information will be sent, please contact us in writing using the contact details below.
Notice to California Residents
California residents may ask Outdoor Voyage to describe what categories of personal information we share with affiliated companies or third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the names of those companies. You may receive a copy of this notice by submitting a written request to Outdoor Voyage at the address listed below in the “Contact” Section.
If you have questions, complaints, or concerns regarding our collection and use of your information or any other privacy or security issue, please contact us. We treat privacy matters seriously and will endeavour to correct the matter.
You can contact our legal team by:
phone: +1 (240) 200-9460
email: [email protected]
mail: Legal, Outdoor Journal LLC, 1590 Cress CT, Boulder, CO 80304, U.S.A.