Our top-rated and top-selling trip - Ultimate Explorer - is guaranteed to provide the experience of a lifetime. You will see and do it all, get well "beyond the tourist trail" and experience some of the World's most unique activities, best hikes, and most spectacular vistas as you explore New Zealand. Mix this with great people, superb guides, tasty food and a "room with a view! and you have all the ingredients for New Zealand's best adventure tour. There are a few options to complete your 27 or 28-day loop but all include the following awesome highlights:
- Stay in amazing locations: With a department of conservation license, we have access to beautiful sites by beaches, lakes, mountains and forests. A spacious, shared tent is included in the tour price or upgrade (just $NZ270) and have the tent to yourself. For a taste of rural luxury, you can also upgrade to cabins most nights (prices start from just $NZ15).
- Explore 7 amazing National Parks: Our unique travel style and department of conservation license provides access to some of the most beautiful and remote areas of New Zealand a genuine chance of getting off the beaten track
- Once in a lifetime activities: Try it all from glacier hiking and dolphin swimming to skydiving and canyoning - as much adventure as you want.
- Meet the locals and experience Maori culture: We love hanging out with other travelers but want you to experience, meet and get to know the locals. The places we stay, visit and even drink give you the chance to hang out kiwis! Form local pubs to Maori cultural experiences you'll leave our tour with a big piece of Kiwiana forever in your heart.
- Optional cycling and hiking every day: With bikes onboard and access to the best hikes in NZ, including the World's best one day walk, you will spend more time exploring jaw-dropping and iconic landscapes by foot and pedal. Our bike rides and hiking pages give a rundown on the options you will get to try.
- Lord of the Rings landscapes: You've seen the films, now walk in the landscapes. From Mount Doom to Hobbiton you'll get up close and personal to these otherworldly locations.
- Enough time to explore: You might have noticed our big tour is longer than other alternatives - there's a good reason for that. We spend more time in the best locations and less time on the bus. We want you to savor the best places and relax - it is a holiday!
This trip is completely customizable
The itinerary for this trip can be customized to suit your needs from your accomodations to what gear you need for the day.
This adventure is not instantly bookable at this time.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we recommend connecting directly to the operator via our messaging system, to create your ideal itinerary customized for your dates.