This full North Island tour covers all the cultural, activity and scenic highlights that make the North Island of New Zealand so unique. From thermal wonders and Maori culture to golden coastlines and ancient Kauri forests, there is something for everyone. There are a few options to complete your 9 or 10-day loop but all include the following awesome highlights:
- Try the World's best one day walk: The Tongariro Crossing is highly rated as one of the World's best one-day walks. The variety of scenery is unmatched from lunar landscapes to turquoise pools
- Travel like a local and experience Maori culture: We are proud to be Kiwi owned and operated. One thing that makes our tours so unique is our focus on sharing our knowledge and passion for kiwi culture and heritage. On this adventure, you will get the chance to learn and immerse yourself in the locations and history that shaped New Zealand. From historic Maori buildings to the Haka and rock carvings we will share all our historic treasures with you.
- Wake up to spectacular views: This tour has an excellent mix of remote and more commercial campsites with cabin upgrades available most nights (typical cost is around $NZ15 per night). You will get direct access to spectacular beaches, beautiful forests and also enjoy a big city fix with a couple of nights in the cities of Wellington and Auckland.
- Once in a lifetime activities: Our tours are designed to enjoy as much adventure as you want. Every day you will get the chance to choose your own combination of activities, hikes and bike rides. Some of the activities available on this trip include zorbing, skydiving, black water rafting, kayaking, diving, sandboarding, fishing, Maori cultural shows, glow worm cave tours, Weta workshops, Hobbiton, giant swing, zip line canyoning and much more.
- Lord of the Rings fans will be in their element on this trip. We have an amazing optional visit to the otherworldly Hobbiton + you can hike via Mount Doom and in Wellington, there's the chance to visit the Weta workshop where you can get up close and personal with life-sized sculptures.
- Great free walks every day: We pass through a real diversity of landscapes on this tour and give you plenty of time to stretch your legs and explore. From towering rainforests to golden beaches you will discover many of NZ's most celebrated landscapes - don't forget the camera!
- Excellent cycle options: Bikes are available to hire on this trip we'd highly recommend this option. We have a range of rides (see the itinerary for more details) but as always you choose the distances and terrains that suit you. There are some excellent road rides and a highlight for many is the awesome off-road tracks through the forests of Rotorua. Bike hire costs just $NZ210 for the entire trip.
- Lots of free inclusions: Everyone loves a freebie and this tour is crammed with them. Some of our favorites include digging your own hot pool in the sand under the stars at Hot Water Beach, Wai-O-Tapu thermal park (featuring a number of exhilarating mud pools, geysers and sulphur pools) and the captivating National Museum of Te Papa to name a few.
This trip is completely customizable
The itinerary for this trip can be customized to suit your needs from your accomodations to what gear you need for the day.
This adventure is not instantly bookable at this time.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we recommend connecting directly to the operator via our messaging system, to create your ideal itinerary customized for your dates.